It’s universal knowledge that periodic vacations help us maintain longer, happier, and more productive lives, yet, 52 percent of Americans start each new year with lost, unused vacation time, according to Project: Time Off. The American population let 705 million vacation days slip through the cracks in 2017 alone. Our careers are very important, but so is our family life and overall health. The family-oriented folks here at Travel Resort Services (TRS) hope that everyone uses the upcoming holidays to catch up on long overdue family time (which should also include some me time). We also hope you think of TRS for your next visit to St. Pete Beach. Without further ado, here are seven reasons why vacations are important.
Why Vacations Are Important
- There’s something to look forward to – We all prefer to have something planned on the horizon, even if it’s months from now. Having an upcoming vacation can help relieve the stress of work or a busy family life.
- You’ll catch up on sleep – All vacations are different, but most getaways include many long-overdue nights of uninterrupted sleep. You can finally sleep in for the first time in months!
- Vacations offer new perspectives – Families and couples usually travel to new or exotic places. These locales often help broaden our horizons. You’ll meet new people, experience new cultures, and try new foods and activities.
- You’ll return happier – This one is simple, yet some people still believe vacations are equally as stressful as everyday life. That’s why it’s important to know yourself. Some people are stressed without a detailed itinerary while others don’t like to be locked into a schedule. Do what makes you happy, and remember to try activities that everyone enjoys.
- Vacations relieve stress – One of the main reasons why vacations are important is the fact that they significantly ease stress. If you’re vacationing correctly, there comes a perfect moment when you entirely forget about the workplace.
- Vacations increase productivity – Proven data shows that vacations increase productivity. Happy, stressless, and energetic employees almost always produce a better product. There’s still going to be highs and lows, which is why it’s important to take periodic not overly lengthy vacations.
- Vacations are good for the body and mind – People who periodically vacation are proven to have healthier hearts and mindsets. Stressless and happy people, not surprisingly, usually have stronger mental health and healthier bodies.
Madeira Beach Condo Rentals
TRS has a fleet of Madeira Beach condo rentals, some of which are in the lively John’s Pass oceanfront neighborhood. By planning a family vacation to sunny Florida, you’ll quickly learn to stop undervaluing your time and understand why vacations are important. St. Pete Beach vacations also help families and couples create deeper emotional connections. You’ll be steps from pristine beaches, some of the best Madeira Beach restaurants, and family-friendly boardwalks. Dial 1-727-393-3425 to book an overdue vacation to beautiful St. Pete Beach!